Nectar Group Ltd. is a privately-owned international market leading provider of innovative and cost-effective solutions for the handling of bulk commodities on a truly global basis. We also specialise in Terminal & Port Design, Management, Operations and Consultancy.
Combining an advanced and flexible fleet of bulk handling equipment with technically skilled, well trained, and experienced field personnel, we deliver exceptional levels of bespoke and value-added services to its diverse worldwide customer base ensuring maximum return on investment, minimal wastage, and optimal speeds.
Our ability to provide comprehensive services of bulk handling, mobile bagging, terminal management, third party equipment maintenance, logistics, warehousing and professional consultancy advice, combined with our excellent record of productivity and performance, has led to strong, trusted, and long-lasting relationships with clients on 6 continents.#
Title: QSHE Manager
Sector: Dry Bulk Ports & Logistics
Location: Romford, Essex (with significant International Travel)
Position Type: Full Time/Permanent
Reporting to the CEO, we require a definitive committed QHSE leader at a group level, to work with the leadership team to develop, manage and monitor the QHSE performance of Nectar Group Ltd.
Individual will be required to advise on all QHSE matters, issues and concerns to ensure Company compliance with statutory requirements, Company and contractual requirements and best industry practice. Responsibilities will include continual development and management of the groups QHSE policies, processes, procedures and establishing and driving a culture of QHSE globally throughout the company, ensuring alignment across all locations.
This role will suit someone looking to promote group development, drive process improvements and lead changes both at Head Office and internationally to drive the groups health, safety and environmental culture and performance to global best practices
Areas of Key Responsibility:
- Development of policies, procedures and documentation that remain consistent through every operation and location through Evaluation, Education and Enforcement
- Keep all documentation compliant and up to date.
- Development of centralized administration, reporting and statistics.
- Development of continuous improvement program.
- Development of ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 in every operation.
- Development of ZERO INCIDENT culture through data driven measurements and improvements
- Instigate and oversee Incident Investigations, lessons learnt to inform and improve all aspects of operations.
- Promote QSHE culture in all areas of the business.
- To travel to worldwide locations.
- Qualified in QHSE, with clear leadership and management experience across multiple sites, ideally in a terminal environment.
- Experience in developing QHSE policies, processes, and procedures from ground up in complex operations and consequently embedding that culture.
- Ability to lead QSHE teams.
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills:
- Detailed understanding of the key components of the requirements required to meet ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001.
- Health and Safety Certification (NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent)
- Experience in a similar QHSE Manager or Management role in an ISO compliant business environment
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), SharePoint / Office 365
- Experience dealing with customers and suppliers.
- Attention to detail.
- Culturally sensitive
- Able to build effective professional relationships.
- Team player
- Calm and able to work under pressure.
- Good listening and communication skills
- Committed and confident.
- Passionate about delivering and promoting a positive health & safety culture.
- Ability to travel extensively
We seek to be an ethical and progressive employer which encourages a culture of openness, creativity and continuous professional development and which rewards the effectiveness and loyalty of our employees.
Please send your CV to HR@nectar.co.uk to apply