Location: Beira, Mozambique
Responsible for : Managing and controlling of all day to day preventative maintenance and breakdown activities on all fixed components
Reporting to : Technical Manager
Principal Objective : Responsible for controlling out all maintenance activities involving conveyors, hoppers, stackers, ship loaders and all auxiliary terminal equipment.
Main Responsibilities :
- Plan, monitor and control out corrective maintenance activities on the equipment assigned to Nectar as per maintenance schedules in place.
- Plan and control breakdown repairs where necessary.
- Observe and make recommendations to the Technical Manager on any maintenance issues and potential problems.
- Be proactive in reporting potential issues.
- Monitor, control daily, weekly and monthly maintenance checks on equipment as required.
Personal & Team Safety
- Ensure full compliance with PPE and safety measures established in the terminal.
- Maintain housekeeping standard on all plant equipment and across the terminal.
- Assist with investigating any accidents & incidents and implement actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ensure that tools and equipment are used in a safe and appropriate manner during day to day work.
- Plan, take part and contribute to regular safety workshops.
- Ensure any waste products generated during maintenance activities are disposed of in accordance with site procedures.
- Provide technical training of personnel during your daily works.
- Provide technical direction and review the performance of the Maintenance personnel and Supervisors.
- Practical experience of carrying out scheduled and preventative maintenance activities on all plant equipment and conveyors in an industrial environment.
- Practical experience of maintaining plant equipment.
- Competent in working with and managing artisans.
- Competent in planning of preventative maintenance.
- Competent in managing contractors.
- A thorough understanding of conveyors, hoppers, stackers, ship loaders and auxiliary Equipment.
- Analytical & troubleshooting experience in a wide range of mechanical equipment.
- A thorough understanding of industry standard safety regulations
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in a similar capacity.
- Trade tested and certified as a Fitter or Industrial Electrician or Millwright.
- Previous experience in a similar role in Africa.
- Ability to understand and speak Portuguese would be advantages.
Apply by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org