Job reference: COMM/CE
Location: Romford, Essex
Position type: Full time, Permanent
Email: HR@nectar.co.uk with resume and cover letter
- Commercial Manager
- Commercial Director
Hours: 0900-1730 Monday to Friday with 1 hour lunch
Start date: ASAP
- Assisting the Commercial Manager and Assistant Commercial Manager in developing new revenues.
- Maintain existing relationships by assisting in managing Nectar’s commercial activities for the Bulk handling and bagging business team.
Areas of responsibilty
- Promote sales & other commercial related activities to increase sales growth profitability & market share within the Bulk Handling and Bagging business stream and assist with growing our activities worldwide.
- Expand the customer base by actively seeking out new markets and locations for our services.
- Maintain & develop existing customer relationships on a long-term basis through Key Account Management and regular client visits. Establish and maintain a regular cycle of contact with new and existing clients building long term relationships for the Group.
- Support the Commercial Manager (James Luther) and Assistant Commercial Manager (James O’Mahony) in day to day commercial tasks.
- Provide Cover and assistance for Commercial coordinator & Commercial assistant when necessary.
- Identify where possible the development of strategic alliances with key clients & third parties.
- Assist the management team with specific project assignments when requested.
- Ensure that accurate records are maintained as to sales visits / potential customers / competition activity and maintain the CRM System.
- Liaise with the Director, Commercial Manager and Assistant Commercial Manager on Pricing Policy and Terms and Conditions and conduct rate & contract negotiations with clients (With approval of CM/CD) to establish contract details and attain best possible margins.
- Review all quotes and contracts and ensure correct terms for Bagging and Bulk Handling and Equipment Sales.
- Assist in maintaining and managing the Groups’ Marketing and Promotion Policy.
- Assist in maintaining and managing the Group’s On-line presence.
- Assist CM with preparation on monthly reports for management when required.
- Work alongside the accounts department to ensure clients payment terms are adhered to and followed up where necessary.
- Liaise closely with operations team and update accordingly in respect of contract terms, vessel information and other vital information.
- Be prepared to attend relevant training courses and to further develop knowledge and skills.
- Research and monitor competition actively.
- Assist the Business Development Director on Specific projects or as and when necessary.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience or training.
- Ideally educated to degree level but as a minimum, applicants must have at least 5 GCSE (‘O’ level) standard, including minimum grade C or 4 in Mathematics and English Language
- Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS) or similar qualification preferred
- Proven experience in the shipping industry
- Minimum 3 years in team leadership managerial roles
- Proven leaderships
- Cultural sensitivity
- Willingness to travel and work internationally.
- Good and concise communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good grammatical and numerical skills
- Good analytical and systematic approach
- High attention to detail
- Able to work using own initiative when necessary
- Competent with IT including Microsoft Office applications especially Excel
- Ability to multi-task, manage workloads and prioritize
Experience (Preferred but not essential)
- Exposure to other cultures in either personal or professional capacity
- Proficient use of Excel in a previous role
- Exposure to CRM
- Organised and accurate with high attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work to strict deadlines in a fast paced, customer focused environment
- A pro-active problem solver
- Effective personal time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Personable with good interpersonal skills and a genuine team player
- Good sense of humour
- Willingness to attend any relevant training courses to develop knowledge and skills
- Ideally an interest in shipping, ports and terminals industry, with an eye on world current affairs
- Willingness to travel overseas
We seek to be an ethical and progressive employer which encourages a culture of openness, creativity and continuous professional development and which rewards the effectiveness and loyalty of our employees. S
- Free car parking
- International travel
- Travel insurance
- Travel inoculations
- Death in Service Insurance
- Private Health Insurance
- On-site Gym
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days
- Holiday Purchase Scheme & Bonus after qualifying period *