Location: Romford, Essex
Reporting to:; Group Financial Controller
Position Type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 0900-1730 Monday to Friday with 1 hour lunch
Start Date: ASAP
Email: HR@nectar.co.uk with your covering letter and CV
Supporting the Group Financial Controller and finance department by completing management and accounting tasks as well as team development.
Providing support to the Head Office and overseas Accounts Teams and assist with decision making.
Areas of responsibility
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly consolidated Group management accounts.
- Production of the detailed local monthly accounts with analysis, comments, and recommendations.
- Carrying out monthly NGL balance sheet reconciliations and reviews, correcting any omissions or errors covering Philippines, Guinea and Mozambique.
- Preparing and reconciling monthly Group FA, Inventory, Debtors, Creditors and Bank lead schedules to the consolidated GL.
- Developing and contributing to Group financial systems, processes, and policies.
- Raising invoices for UK head office fees to overseas subsidiaries / associate companies.
- Reconciling and agreeing, on a monthly basis, intercompany accounts across the group.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns & annual P11D’s to meet filing deadlines.
- Visiting overseas locations and provide training to local accounts team, create, and implement internal audit processes and further development.
- Upholding and promoting the Company’s health, safety, and compliance procedures.
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual consolidated Group budget and 3-year forecast.
- Assisting with preparing and answering with the Group annual audit.
- Posting project invoices (disbursements) and assist with developing systems and reporting by liaising with other departments in the company.
- Providing support to Head Office Accounts team with the managing and accounting of our 6 overseas entities at month-end, quarterly reviews, etc. With the goal to provide both cover and develop processes to increase efficiency, quality of reporting and information being provided.
- Assisting in developing Group consolidated accounts and reporting including setting up budgets.
- Developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders of the group to maintain good reputation.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience or training.
- Hold an Accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- Good and concise communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good analytical approach to financial management and assist with audits.
- Able to work using own initiative when necessary and competent to manage team.
- Able to help senior staff with risk management, budgeting, planning, strategizing, and decision making.
- Competent with IT including Microsoft Office applications especially Excel.
- Competent with use of accounting systems, preferable Sage 300.
- Ability to multi-task, manage workloads and prioritize.
- Ability to travel both within the UK and overseas when required.
- Organised and accurate with high attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work to strict deadlines in a fast paced, customer focused environment.
- A pro-active problem solver.
Experience (preferred but not essential)
- Previous experience in similar role and experience in consolidated accounts.
- Previous experience in developing and managing financial systems and policies.
- Free car parking
- International travel
- Travel insurance
- Travel inoculations
- Death in Service Insurance
- Private Health Insurance
- On-site Gym
- 25 days holiday increasing to 25 days
- Holiday purchase scheme and bonus after qualifying period*
We seek to be an ethical and progressive employer which encourages a culture of openness, creativity and continuous professional development and which rewards the effectiveness and loyalty of our employees.