Title: General Manager
Sector: Dry Bulk Ports & Logistics
Location: Beira, Mozambique (with occasional travel)
Position Type: Full Time/Permanent
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
- Discretionary bonus
- Company Vehicle
- Fuel Allowance
- 2 economy flights per year
- Effective management of the Nectar Mozambique Ltd. business in line with responsibilities set out under the service contract with the client for the Port of Beira and in accordance with strategic objectives of Nectar Group Ltd.
Areas of Responsibility
- Provide vision and advice to the senior management to enable an accurate view of current situations, and future potential of NML business unit
- Build, prepare, agree and implement comprehensive strategies, business plans and budgets to facilitate advancing the companies sustainability and growth by planning cost-effective investment, business model, market development, and exploitation of opportunities.
- Effectively lead communication with all stakeholders, engaging and maintaining relationships with authorities, stakeholders, clients, and staff.
- Provide active management and engagement, assess performance, and ensure that the company delivers its responsibilities as set out within its contract agreements for NML, whilst operating in accordance with the groups policies, procedures, and reporting requirements.
- Establish an efficient and effective organisation, lead the team, delegate responsibilities, and manage the results through providing clear responsibilities, targets, motivation, and guidance to drive maximum performance whilst supporting the resolution of problems.
- Oversee the company’s investments, financial and operational performance developing a sustainable and profitable business. Analyse problematic situations and occurrences providing solutions to ensure companies sustainability, profitability, and growth.
- Focus on maximising current locations revenue along with ensuring costs are monitored and reduced where possible.
- Develop and implement strategy for any adhoc projects with revenues and costs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous professional experienced based in Africa experience is desired but not essential.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in similar capacity as a terminal manager.
- Knowledge of Terminal Management Systems
- Knowledge of Health and Safety standards and use of such in practice.
- Commercial awareness
- Higher education and formal qualification in management related discipline.
- Awareness of H&S related disciplines and their use in practice and a thorough understanding of industry standard safety regulations
- Solid leadership, motivation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage projects(s) that will include working with individuals with varying disciplines, backgrounds and experience levels
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- A good understanding and application of cultural sensitivity
- Computer literate and able to use standard software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills are vital.
- Driven, Dynamic and enthusiastic.
- Organised and accurate with good attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work to strict deadlines in a fast paced, customer focused environment.
- A pro-active problem solver.
- Effective personal time management skills and the ability to priorities tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills and a genuine team player.
- Multicultural Awareness
- Ability to think laterally and apply management knowledge in practical terms
- Ability to be pro-active with regular updates and reports to Head Office
- Ability to build relationships both owners, directors and the group.
- Good command of the English language in speaking and writing
- Willingness to learn Portuguese
We seek to be an ethical & progressive employer which encourages a culture of openness, creativity & continuous professional development which rewards the effectiveness & loyalty of employees
Please send your CV to HR@nectar.co.uk to apply