Nectar will work in cooperation with the Port of Ostend to provide cargo handling and terminal related activities in an area near Vismijnlaan and berth 501 at the Port of Ostend. Nectar will have a dedicated area and support facilities to perform such activities. The cargoes handled will initially be containerised goods but we expect it to grow to include other breakbulk and bulk commodities in time. The activities provided will include loading and discharging of vessels (mainly feeder vessels to start with), stacking of full and empty containers and other goods, delivery and receipt of containers to and from clients’ transport at the work area allocated to Nectar. Nectar will deal with the clients directly and provide service to clients in line with the agreed parameters with the clients. There will also be an opportunity to hire our equipment for short periods of time when we do not need them within the port for other activities.
Title: Operations Administrator
Sector: Bulk & Breakbulk Ports & Logistics
Location: Oostende, Belgium
Position Type: Full Time/Permanent
Reporting To: Site Manager
Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management and processing of all administrative tasks relating to the port operations and requirements at Berth 501, Port of Oostende.
Areas of Responsibility
- Regular liaison with the site Manager/foreman to enable the administration of all aspects of vessel/terminal operations.
- Ensure the collation of Management Information from all vessel operations and staffing.
- Management and monitoring of documentation including Customs release, cargo manifest,delivery order etc, ensuring accurate filing and record keeping
- Verification of all required and supporting documents prior to raising invoices
- Regular liaison with NGL to ensure client records are accurate and updated to ensure monthly invoicing of services can be timely and effective.
- Control and monitor the level of PPE and staff welfare supplies held on the Terminal.
- Assist with phone calls and e-mails to ensure a clients receive an excellent service.
- Support the Site Manager with any other duties required for the smooth running of the Terminal.
- Assistance with the marketing and promotion of the Terminal.
- Maintenance and monitoring of Training Records of all staff.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Manage staff leave & absences
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Submit timely reports when required
- Support & Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Maintain good working relationships with representatives of the Port of Oostende and Nectar Group clients and other port tenants.
- Assist with Marketing and promotion of the services of NCHB
- Assist the site foreman and the Port of Oostende with the development of new enquiries, associated with the business
- Regular reporting and liaison with NGL Head Office
- Helping with standardization and process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations.
- Keep updated with all organizational changes.
- Oversee facilities services and maintenance activities.
- Ensuring the good function of the office management
- Monitor costs and expenses.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience (minimum 3 years) in a similar position, preferably in a service provider
- Flemish Speaking with good command of the English Language, both written and spoken
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software (ERP etc.)
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in office administration or relevant field is preferred
- Independent, structured, team player and responsible working method
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements
- Experienced in managing and coaching teams
- Proven ability to assess and improve existing systems and processes
- Experience in TMS systems (training will be provided)
Experienced handling of all MS Office applications
- Organises self to complete tasks
- Produces accurate work and pays good attention to detail
- Presents self with professionalism in person and in writing
- Has a good understanding of the impact of their work and takes action to improve own performance
- Recognises when not in a position to make sound judgements and seeks guidance
- Takes initiative to solve problems and find solution
- Works over and above individual responsibilities
We seek to be an ethical & progressive employer which encourages a culture of openness, creativity & continuous professional development which rewards the effectiveness & loyalty of employees.
Please send your Cover letter and CV to HR@nectar.co.uk to apply